Tuesday, March 27, 2007

roborant

adjective: noun: 1. A strengthening medicine; a tonic; a restorative. Roborant derives from the present participle of Latin roborare, "to strengthen," from robur, roboris, "strength" It has been busy! Thats really exciting, after a fairly slow winter. For the past THREE weeks, we have gone out each weekend. This has been amazing. On the weekend of the 9th, for Ben's b-day I surprised him with a weekend, on the mediterranean coast, near the spanish border. We stayed in a lovely traditional fishing village and then the next day hiked about 15k to another lovely fishing town. It was gorgeous. The images of the sea and the coast, that was sometimes sandy beaches, steep cliffs, or just rocky, are burned in my mind. It was so nice to take ALL day to see that scenery as opposed to just driving by, or going on the train. You really get to savour it. The wind on the way was just ridiculous, it almost knocked me over. It tripped me up pretty good a few times, and once I had to just sit down, it was pushing me too much. We walked through some really pretty vinyards too. Just sooo nice. Then last weekend to the Cevennes, a local mountain range for a little hike in the hills. It really reminded me of Canada so that was nice. Then this past weekend Aix-en-Provence. To stay with friends. Also fantastic. We got half a kilo of Calissons, my favorite provencial candies, and we did a walk in national parc called the Luberon, that was also amazing amazing amazing. Its been great to get out and do hikes. In france they mark the trails really well with these little yellow lines, and I love them. You can just take the train to certain towns and look for the first line and off you go, no map or anything. I am crazy, but the lines have a personality of their own. They don't just show you the way, they show you around. They show off the sights. They propose a nicer walk. Sometimes there is a nice view, and there is a special sign for that, like a half sun. The lines seem to get excited about the view too. I've had good times with those yellow lines in the past 3 weeks. Not a bad tan on my face either. This morning, I was exhasted from all this busy-ness, and also working almost full time for the past 2 weeks, so needing a roborant, I drank half of Ben's coffee, put my ipod on some good dance music and powerwalked to work. So between the coffee and the powerwalking I feel pretty good. But hungry. I am also really excited because very soon my brother is coming, then my best friend, then my mom!!! All in the next 2 months, then home for me too! So things are winding down like a tornado, quickly and exciting. Yup so I'm almost off work, and should do something productive before I leave. Good bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home