Friday, February 02, 2007

reticent

1. Inclined to keep silent; reserved; uncommunicative. 2. Restrained or reserved in style. 3. Reluctant; unwilling. Reticent comes from the present participle of Latin reticere, "to keep silent," from re- + tacere, "to be silent." Hello, and apologies for the reticient blogging behavoir. In truth I have been stalling because I don`t have any christmas photos and I wanted to get those and blog that first, but I think I`m just going to have to let it go and update the current events going on in my life. So here we go. Just before christmas one of the girls at work got married. It was so fun. French weddings are really cool. We ate for so long. It wasn`t even just the quantity but the length. It was ridiculous. We had about 10 dishes. of which three desserts. The actual meal started at about 8 and honestly didn`t finish until 1 am. I left right after the coffee and final dessert was served and I didn`t get home until about 2. There was dancing in between the plates to work up and appetite. Anyway a good time was had by all Then to the alps for christmas. Ben took this picture on boxing day. I was on the bathroom floor, literally feeling like I was about to die. I had a tremendous flu and spent a good part of my week of christmas in the alps on there. But Ben said the scenery was beautiful. Glad that he didn`t stay home with me. Scenery, not so great. We made it to Chamonix towards the end of the week, and went to the the glacier cave, something I didn`t get a chance to do last year. It was really cool. They just drilled a huge hole in the glacier so you can go inside and look at the cheesy lighting and what not. I was suprised as to how big and blue the glacier really was. Relieving to see such a big chunk of ice after having seen the incovienent truth. And this is pretty much the only picture I have of some of the people I stayed with. Here is Veronique and Maud and me, with our toques! After that me and ben took the train to Lyon, for the day before heading south. That was really really fun. We ate in one of the famous bouchon Lyonaise, and there happened to be a huge farris wheel set up in the main square while we were there which provided an awsome view of the city, for only 5 euros. Taking pictures of ourselves on the big wheel. Last picture. a few weeks after the vacation a student from my school, who is really nice, took us to see the pont du gard. The biggest remaining romain aquaduct. It was really cool. Definatly another item crossed off my list of things to do in life. I felt soooo good after christmas. I felt so peaceful for a long time. I`ve been in a bit of a funk/bad mood for a week recently, so it was nice to relook at these pictures, and put an end to all this reticence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home