Saturday, February 24, 2007

alacrity

\uh-LACK-ruh-tee\, noun: A cheerful or eager readiness or willingness, often manifested by brisk, lively action or promptness in response. Alacrity comes from Latin alacritas, from alacer, "lively." I`m just waiting for Ben to come home from Rome. I`ve had such a good week, going out with friends a lot, enjoying the calm. Last night I sat down with a movie and a bottle of wine, and finished them both off. I was quite proud. This morning I woke up with suprising alacrity for Ben to come home. I cleaned up, and went shopping, bought him steaks, which he loves. What a good girlfriend...... I miss him a bit. It will be nice to have someone here again to talk to and whatnot..... The break was good, aren`t they always?

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and whatnot............hmmm what could that be

 

Post a Comment

<< Home