Wednesday, February 07, 2007

abscond

\ab-SKOND\, intransitive verb: To depart secretly; to steal away and hide oneself -- used especially of persons who withdraw to avoid arrest or prosecution. Abscond comes from Latin abscondere, "to conceal," from ab-, abs-, "away" + condere, "to put, to place." Ben`s best friend is coming from canada today for up to THREE WEEKS. Just to clarify, we have a Tiny batchelor suite and I am a girl who loves nothing more than for each thing she owns to have a home and for it to stay more or less there. So the thought of an extra person and all the stuff that comes with it in our already overshared space makes me want badly to abscond for three weeks myself. Maybe it will turn out to be super fun and I will make a life long friend as well....... maybe. Or maybe I`ll end up getting a really good deal on hotel room for three weeks. Ugg wish me luck. In other news I retaliated on monday night and invited a friend of my own over for dinner. I cooked. Wow, I wasn`t working that day, so I just cooked and cook with a new hand mixer I bought on the weekend. I had a mixer fest. We ate guacamole, hand mixed, then home made pumkin cream soup, which was really good. Then home made jam that I had hand crafted with my mixer earlier in the day. It was so much fun. I have been really into cooking lately. Just loving it. Its been good. Hopefully Ben and his friend will abscond a little themselves and I`ll have a full out dinner party while they are gone. Thats all I have to say for now. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think itll work out. i recall a time when we were stuck in a bus with 50 other kids and 4 to a hotel room and we managed to work it out just fine. tight spaces can be cozy!
ps- thank you for the card, i loved it, did you get mine? ive found only about half of my post makes it to france.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home